Friday, January 8, 2010

Just because...

I remember when I first started dating my dbf, he saw a hoodie that he loved but didn't buy it. A few days later, I returned to the store to purchase it for him to surprise him. When he found it under his pillow that night, he was shocked and surprised and went through an emotional roller coaster ride (I still don't understand why). He asked me why I bought him the hoodie and what was the occasion, and he told me that he didn't do anything special to deserve a gift.
Then, I explained to him that to me, I don't need a reason to buy something for the person that I love. Being with me and making me happy already makes him more than deserve a gift.
Of course, he enjoyed and still enjoys the hoodie very much. It did drive him crazy at first because the hoodie is literally white as snow, so he found it difficult to maintain in the beginning.

As time went by, he slowly got used to my "just because" gifts for him. Of course, during my stay in Hong Kong, I spotted something that I knew immediately that I had to get him. First, a Calvin Klein black zip-up sweater (which I cannot locate right now, thus I cannot photograph it until he gets home from work). Second, it is this wallet that I just fell in love with the instant I saw it.
After I bought it, I told him that I got him something that "on the outside, it is very him, and on the inside, it is very me".




According to the SA, this style is new this season. I love the simplicity of the wallet on the outside - which is something that my dbf adores. The imprint of YSL on the leather on the inside adds that instant oomph and fun to the whole wallet. It adds such a twist to the boring old plain mens wallet.
An hour after purchasing it, I was worried that my dbf would find the inside too funky for him. However, when I presented it to him upon my arrival in Toronto, HE LOVED IT! He even loved the inside of it!
Do you believe in 'just because' gifts? Or do you only gift on "special occasions"?
♥Stay Chic. Stay Glam. ♥

1 comment:

  1. You know, it took me awhile to understand why you got this wallet... don't get me wrong, I mean yes, it is very man in the OUTSIDE but YOU in the inside..cause I was thinking why do you want a wallet that's so MANish!! :) It seems your DH is a very sentimental kind of guy .... what's his horoscope if you don't mind me asking....just curious since my DH is kinda of a "dump" guy .... wa.. ha ha haha....

    ReplyDelete