Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bling your arm out

On days when I'm not rushing to leave the house (days when I don't have school or work), I love taking my time and prettify myself. Instead of rushing my make-up routine in 10-15 mins, I take my time and take 30 mins to perfect it. Instead of just quickly putting on my watch and randomly selecting a pair of earrings and shoving them into my earrings while putting on my shoes, I take my time to explore my big drawer of accessories.

I love stacking bracelets and wrapping long necklaces around my wrists as bracelets a la Olsen twins(you guys may recognize the pearl strand necklace handed down to me from my mom that I mentioned a few posts back).

In this picture, I am wearing: H&M gold-stone link bracelet, F21 pearl necklace wrapped around as bracelet, F21 gold-tone black thread bracelet, pearl necklace from my mom wrapped round as bracelet, gold-tone with beige ribbon bracelet from a local HK store.

This picture was actually taken sometime before Christmas, on a Sunday morning at brunch with my mom and sister. I love going for brunch at Dr. Generosity in Toronto, I love love love their Eggs Florentine. Hmm..just writing about it makes me crave for it already!
♥Stay Chic. Stay Glam. ♥

4 comments:

  1. totally love the look of your stacking bracelets.

    Everything looks right w/ the proportion, not too chunky but chic enough to make the statement!! But.... are they heavy? I know sometimes my neck gets sore or just uncomfortable after a day's wearing of stacking necklaces...haha..... I had to take them all off before I make dinner after I got home.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha my mom actually asked me the same question when we sat down at the restaurant! It's not that heavy with bracelets, the only heavy one is really the F21 gold-tone black threaded one, the rest are pretty light.
    It's a different story with necklaces though haha! So I completely understand with you having to take them off as soon as you get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way...watch and earring and I am out of the door :P I get pretty lazy selection jewelry and just wear the same thing.

    With Love...
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with wrapping a long necklace to create an extra thick bracelet...I'm going to have to try that one evening.

    And I completely understant the fact that it is so hard to focus on your appearance when worrying about time and rushing out the door. But you seem to manage perfectly!

    Kisses,
    Stephanie

    http://eternallyfashionablylate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete