Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Share the love

As promised, this post is all about the gifts that my loved ones received.

First off....Ralph Lauren "France" polo for dbf. He has been searching for this exact polo since April last year when he first saw it in Paris with his parents. One can only imagine how excited I was when I accidentally came across it at Holt Renfrew the other day (3 weeks prior to Valentine's day).

I, however, could not hold in my excitement....so the day after I got it...the following convo happened in the car...

Me: Oooh I got your gift yesterday! You're gonna love it!! I'm so excited for you to get it!
Him: Ooh what is it?
Me: Hmm.. you're going to have to wait till Valentine's day :)
Him: URGHHHHHHH I hate it when you do this....why did you tell me? What is it? Can I guess? Me: Aww...I'm sorry....I just got too excited...hehe...I know you're going to love it though! It's something that you've wanted for a long time!
Him: What? A new car?
Me: Err....no...
Him: Hmm...hmmm.....hmmm.....OOOOH I think I know what it is. It's that polo, isn't it? You found it?
Me: No!
Him: Hmmm....what could it be? *random guesses....* and gets frustrated
Me: *sigh*...I'll tell you...
Him: I told you I don't like surprises....sigh...no, it's okay, I know you like surprises...so I'll just wait...*pouts*
Me: okay okay, you already guessed it! It's the polo!

*PAUSE*
*BIG SMILE ON HIS FACE*
Him: Baby! You're the best!!! Hehehehehehehehe!





Moving on....gifts for my dear little sister...

We got the exact Love Lion webkin for her friend as a birthday gift a few weeks prior and when I brought it home, both her and my mom fell in love with it and they didn't want to give it away. So for Valentine's day...I picked up the exact same one for my sister, knowing how much she'll love it. It was actually the last one in store in the city! The SA also had a tough time searching for the webkinz card...I got so nervous that I was going to have to leave without it! Thank goodness that the SA found the webkinz card at last!





Above is my little sister's Pandora bracelet that I've been adding to. The initial bracelet and the key-to-my-heart charm was a birthday gift from dbf and I last year. Her second Valentine's day gift was the clear murano class with orange heart charm. She absolutely loves it!
Now....for my mom! I wanted it to be extra special. Over the past few years, my mom has been working extremely hard to provide my sister and I a more than comfortable lifestyle. She has been saving up a lot of her money by barely spending any money on herself and spending it on my sister and I instead...One day, when we were at Holt Renfrew to pick up some make-up products, we walked past the accessories section where a rack of silk scarves hung. She stroked one of them and said "You know Laura, I really like scarves...." then she walked away. That triggered me to get her a scarf...and since she always provides my sister and I with the best things, I decided that she deserves the best as well - a Hermes scarf.


The orange bag with a hand-made card




The orange box - my mom still keeps the scarf wrapped up with the brown ribbon around it because she really loves the elegance of the orange box with the brown ribbon.









H comme histoire





That's it for now...I must go back to studying for French... This month is going to be major crunch time for me!


♥Stay Chic. Stay Glam. ♥

1 comment:

  1. oooooh, I love the H scarf ..love the baby blue color n' love such a whimsical spiral design.

    ReplyDelete