Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just killing time with my sister

The other day...more like a week ago, my sister and I were bored at home....so we decided to play around with our clothes! Ever since my grandma retired 15 years ago, she has been travelling around the world for 3/4 of the time and the rest of the time, she's been out shopping ever day...so at her apartment in HK, there's ALWAYS piles and piles of new clothes and accessories and old vintage clothes and accessories from the 60s,70s and the 80s...so I also go through her piles and bring some back!

First up:
My work outfit that day - except I didn't wear heels to work, my feet would KILL if I had to stand around in those for hours.

tank top, Domino skinny jeans, teal cardigan from grandma...


My sister actually asked me to pose like this...I really don't know why because it makes my legs look shorter and wider but oh well, she was very cute when asking me to pose like this, so I did.

This sweater dress was also from my grandma, one of her vintage pieces, and so are the shoes. I've actually never worn them outside of the house...but maybe one day, I'll figure out a way to incorporate them into my usual outfits. I do picture myself wearing the sweater dress, the shoes....not so much!

Then...my cowgirl sister!


Diesel shirt - it was also the shirt that was posted in a few posts back, jeans - not sure where they're from, cowboy hat - local souvenir store in Cancun


This will be one of my future outfits for going out for lunch or dinner dates with my girlfriends...


leopard print sweater dress from grandma - found it in one of her new piles, black opaque tights, Steven Madden booties

Next up...2 of my fave pictures!

My sis is wearing a local traditional top bought at one of the stalls in the markets in Cairo, Egypt many years ago when my mom and I visited Egypt, gold-tone belt with black crystals from HK. Both of these pieces are actually mine, but I thought it would be fun to put her in my clothes hehe!
One of my bumming around outfits - for those days when I don't feel like dressing girly and dressed to the nines.

vintage Bossini plaid shirt from my grandma, black opaque tights, red surfsiders

Then...this is my sister's "going to school" look as she calls it, and no, she doesn't actually weawr this to school. My mom only lets my sister wear clothes that she wouldn't mind getting dirty or worn out quickly because my sister likes to roll in the mud with the boys as well as playing with girls.

Diesel shirt, Lacoste argyle sweater (this was originally mine, but my nanny shrunk it...so my sister inherited it), jeans
That's it for now! Going to watch America's Best Dance Crew then back to homework!


On a side note, I went shopping with my mom at the mall today, and it was sooooooo quiet with occasional screams and shouts...because the Olympic hockey finals between USA and Canada was on. Everyone was gathered around the TVs in the mall - including the SAs. And yes, I'm proud of Canada winning the game, I must say that it was a rather tight game!


♥Stay Chic. Stay Glam. ♥

3 comments:

  1. haha... you look chic in the first pic. n' again you all love cute!! :) It seems that you had a really fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute... I love that leopard dress :)


    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the animal print dress, and your sister is too cute!

    Kisses,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete