Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chic and Glam room

One reason why I love weekends is that I get to dress my little sister and trust me, dressing her is no easy task because she is very picky. She doesn't like anything too girly yet she does like that slight feminine touch, yes, cliche. My mom really loved this outfit that I picked out for my sis this past Sunday when we went for dim-sum and watched Avatar, so she took a picture of my sis' outfit.


Here my little sis is wearing: Diesel white blouse with purple swirly patterns (which cannot be seen in this pic), Gap Kids brown corduroy blazer, Burberry skirt, black wool tights, and she wore black patent ballet flats.

My room has been re-decorated since I moved back home for school this year, although my room is a bit messy right now, I still love the decor around my room.

My inspiration board - mainly filled with pictures of Nicole Richie and Twiggy and a picture of my sis and Penelope Cruz. I put those pictures up 2 years ago and I still love them to this day.



I love that hanging dress, it was a Christmas gift from one of my best friends a few years ago. It is a bulletin board but it is so pretty that I don't want to pin anything on it, so I just hang it on my closet door as decor.


I love this bookshelf to death, although it is just a simple plain white Ikea bookshelf, I love the books on it. This is my fun bookshelf, filled with my old yearbooks, fashion related books, girly fiction books - yes the whole Shopaholic series too, historic fiction books and other fiction books that are leisure reads. My school and "not so fun" books are in another shelf along with a bunch of my magazines, which my dbf so kindly arranged by name and date.




I have had this bed for 6 1/2 years and I still love it do death. Yes, it's girly, from the swirls on the baseboard to the pink canopy. My mom has offered to buy me a bigger bed (this is a twin size bed right now), but I love this bed too much to swap it for anything.



On the right is a print of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's, this was a Christmas gift from dbf and I finally had it put up a few days ago. I love it! On the left is my multicolour polka-dotted curtain, it's so fun and adds a splash of colour to my room. I picked it 4 years ago and eventhough I have grown up and matured...I still enjoy the cuteness and quirkiness of my curtain.


Underneath the Audrey Hepburn print is my dresser - the top is really messy right now, which is why I didn't photograph it. The knobs on the dresser are really pretty though. Stacked in the corner is a few boxes that I bought from Ikea which I use to keep random small things. I was babysitting my sister one night and we got bored, so we painted and decorated the boxes to add a splash of colour.


Valentine's day post coming up! Hope everyone is enjoying their week!


♥Stay Chic. Stay Glam. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Well, tell me about dressing up for little daughterS.... geez, I have two ... but good thing is that I feel my older daughter has better sense of pairing clothes ...but the little one is just ^%$$##** especially she likes to wear very cartoon look of shoes...you know those bought at Asia traditional market n' they designed as silly cartoon characters all over the shoes...oh, well..... KIDS!! :)

    ReplyDelete